Warm weather is right around the corner, this means cuffing season will be over. The sweet romance that only lasted during the months of October to March, but longer than Kim Kardashian’s first two marriages. As the weather gets warmer, people start to cut their fall/winter baes off. So what does this mean for you? The one who is left picking up the pieces. Well, here are some tips to help you to get over your seasonal love affair.
1. Ben & FREAKING Jerry's- Your first instinct after a breakup is to cry. What better way to cry than with ice cream. With 40 flavors, Ben and Jerry might be the only men in your life to never let you down.
2. Netflix without the chill- After a breakup, it's only right to reward yourself for those long hard five months with some Netflix. You are finally in charge of what you want to binge watch. Plus, you don't have to look cute for a Netflix without the chill date. You can wear your brothers fifth grade sweatpants and the sweatshirt with questionable pizza stains. This is you in your natural habitat, you’ve earned it. (Note: Do not watch anything sad because yeah, it will make you sad.)
3. Thou shalt Be PETTY- Yes, that’s right be petty. It's a very dramatic way to begin your break up process, but this will let the other person know that you mean business. Your ex bae will probably watch your social media extra hard. Be shady and post quotes that are directly about your ex but don't tag them. Knowing that they probably saw your post, will make them mad. The satisfaction of your exe’s angry subtweets, means you’ve won the battle my friend. Find your inner petty champ.
4. SQUAT til your legs fall off- So you probably gained a good ten pounds after eating all your comfort food. What better way to get back at your ex than to squat, squat, and then when you're tired of squatting, squat some more. Nothing is as good as a nice backside.
5. Flicks on fleek- Post the most unnecessary, over the top, dramatic selfies the world has ever seen. Look like you’re having fun by lip synching in your car on snapchat. No better way to get over your triflin ex than to use annoying filters on snapchat, that transform you into a super model. Remember to make sure you at least unblock him or her from all social media first, so they can see you living your fabulous life. Even if you’re hurting deeply inside, Instagram never shows how you truly feel.
So there you have it ladies and gents, my break up tips to help you get through the rest of the school year. Don't worry, by the end of the semester your ex boo thang will probably be as forgettable as the ‘cash me outside’ girl. Best Wishes!